Chinese Content Coordinator-- Carnegie-Tsinghua Center for Global Policy (2012-06-27)
|June 14, 2012 - June 27, 2012|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Carnegie-Tsinghua Center for Global Policy is seeking to hire a Chinese Content Coordinator who will:|
(1) Translate and coordinate editing for all of the Center’s materials and publications, including event invitations, agendas, event summaries, thank you letters, CTC publications and marketing materials. When necessary the Coordinator will work with Carnegie counterparts in Washington, D.C. and the other global centers.
(2) Develop a Chinese social media presence for the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center and scholars through social media networks like Weibo and Renren, Chinese-language foreign policy blogs/microblogs, and academic/policy-oriented forums. The Coordinator will also work with program and research assistants to maintain and expand scholars’ social media presence.
(3) Oversee development of the Chinese webpage by supporting the Web and Outreach Coordinator in homepage display and editorial content of the Chinese webpage, updating and maintaining the Chinese-language webpage, and coordinating with Chinese Web Assistants in Washington, D.C.
(4) Assist with Center announcements, events and activities through bi-lingual electronic event blasts, publications announcements, and onsite event logistics, including photo-taking, food and beverage arrangements.
Successful candidates will have:
• A Bachelor’s degree
• At least one year of work or internship experience in a relevant field such as journalism, communications, translation, editing or publishing. Priority will be given to candidates who have studied or worked overseas or in international organizations.
• Native Chinese and fluent English
• Strong understanding of and experience with Chinese social networking and media tools including Weibo and Renren
• Experience using Adobe Dreamweaver and website content management systems
• Experience writing HTML code (helpful but not necessary)
• A positive “can-do” attitude
• Acute attention to detail
• A strong desire to work in an international, multicultural environment, and very good cross-cultural skills
• Motivation and resourcefulness, with the flexibility, discretion, and capacity to handle and respond appropriately and professionally in a fast-paced and highly productive atmosphere
All application materials must be submitted in English.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.